Internet Access for VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-09 20:53:44
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me?

I have recently installed a new PoE switch ( T1600G-52PS ) and now looking to add two VLANS to this switch ready for a VoIP system.

VLAN 2 for Data and VLAN 3 for Voice.

For each switch port that is connected to the Phone and PC I am going to tag VLAN 3 for the voice and untag VLAN 2 for the passthru on the phone to the connected PC.

Phones will be setup with static IP addresses and PCs from the local DHCP server.

Port 48 is connected to the ASUS router for internet access.

My question is what configuration do I need for both of these VLANs to get internet access from the ASUS router?

Thank you

Gavin

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet Access for VLANs
2022-04-11 07:12:38

Dear @GCD 

Do you have VLAN settings on the ASUS router?

If yes, then all we need to do is just use Tagged port to link up switch and the router.

If no, then you may check if this router supports multi-nets NAT, and do static routing on both of the router and the switch. You may refer to:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/887/

Regards

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 300

Replies: 1

Related Articles