Using CPE210 to connect WiFi to PC Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-22 17:07:04
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3

I'm using a CPE210 (which has only LAN0 port) to connect a PC to a WiFi network using the PCs Ethernet port.

I can log into the setup screen, configure the unit for Client mode and connect to the WiFi network, no problem, but my PC (Windows) says there is no internet even if I use a static IP and put in the IP of the gateway router.    If I switch my PC Ethernet port to DHCP, the interface fails to get IP information from the router.

Is client mode the correct choice for what I want to do or should I be using WISP client mode?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using CPE210 to connect WiFi to PC Ethernet
2022-04-25 12:57:50

@GStoss 

CPE used as Client mode is not broadcasting WiFi.

Are you sure that this CPE is connected to your router's WiFi?
Is the PC wired to the CPE and can it get an IP address?

Generally speaking, after the CPE is normally connected to the router as Client, the devices connected at the back end are also able to obtain IP address from the router side, there is no need to set it to WISP mode.

Suggest you can check whether the router is working fine, and go to CPE status page to check the radio status.

If CPE connect to router successfully, then you will see Client is enable and see the Root AP and SSID and so on.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Using CPE210 to connect WiFi to PC Ethernet
2022-04-25 15:25:37

@GStoss 

The router is not wireless, but the AP I’m connecting to is wired to the router.   I have many other WiFi devices on the network that use DHCP to obtain an IP address from the router successfully.    The subnet I’m using on the router is the same one as the default IP address of the CPE and that IP is not in use elsewhere on the LAN.  

I can connect to the AP with the CPE and can access the CPE interface from other computers on the LAN, but if I connect a computer to the Ethernet port of the CPE and set that computer for DHCP assigned addressing, it fails to receive an IP assignment through the CPE, almost as if the DHCP request is not being forward to the router or the reply is not getting back to the CPE's Ether net port.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 2