WIFI expansion with three TP-Link 2.4GHz N300 Long Range Outdoor CPE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-26 20:36:09 - last edited 2022-04-27 01:40:48
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I purchased three of these devices from Amazon recently, and was able to get them connected, but still have connection issues with a security camera, which is the main reason for the setup.  TP-Link 2.4GHz N300 Long Range Outdoor CPE.  The security camera has to operate on 2.4 Ghz.  The current setup I have is the first device is connected to the router with an outdoor Ethernet cable, and is on my balcony, this device is setup as AP1, about 300 feet away I have the second device setup as a client, this device is directly connected to the third device setup as AP2.  Than the security camera is about 150 feet way from this second AP. 

Is this the correct, or best way to extend my network?  The speeds seem to drop off heavily from the second AP, and the camera does not seem to be getting a good enough connection.  Line of site is pretty clear between all devices, but could be improved.  I am also wondering if there is a way to setup this up so that I can extend a certain SSID.  My push notifications on the security system are only working when connected to a guest network.  Wondering if there is a way to reliably extend the guest network out far enough for the security camera.  Is there a different way this can be setup, or a different product that would work better, I noticed some other extenders from TPLink, but most seem to be 5Ghz.

Any help is appreciated

-Travis

Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI expansion with three TP-Link 2.4GHz N300 Long Range Outdoor CPE
2022-04-27 08:16:40

@Travisty 

CPE can definitely transmit WiFi signals over long distances, but the problem is that your camera, in general, it may not receive signals over such long distances in a stable manner, and the data transmission is mutual.

It is recommended to shorten the distance between the camera and AP2, or directly connect the camera wired directly to the CPE.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 1