CPE710 Client Mode - No Connection to Device on LAN Side

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 01:16:22
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Greetings.  I have a CPE-710 in AP mode connected to a CPE-710 in Client mode a short distance away.  On the client node I have a EAP225-Outdoor AP connected to the LAN port.  When I set it all up originally, it worked fine.  I could connect to the AP in the field and add new APs in Mesh mode to the system.  Something happened (absolutely no idea whatsoever) and all the APs in the Mesh went to Disconnect mode.

I turned off all of the APs except the one connected to the 710 in Client mode.  I was hoping to reconfigure and reconnect everything.

I can ping the two CPE-710s with no problem.  The APs are managed through Omada.  I can see the AP on the controller, but I can't ping it on the network anymore.  I have rebooted the CPE-710s with zero luck.  I can still ping the CPEs, but have no communication with the EAP225 either over the cloud or direct from the network.  I have no way of telling from the Pharos control if there is a device connected to the LAN port that I can see.

The really wierd thing was this was all working.  I simply added some more EAP225s to the mesh network after it was stable with 3 devices for a couple of weeks, then the whole thing crashed and I can't even get the Root AP to return a ping.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to have to go to every AP and the CPE-710s and pull them down from the poles to physically hard reset them to start over.  I would lose days of work.

PS:  ALL devices are at the latest software versions as of 2022/05/01.

Thanks!

Dave

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE710 Client Mode - No Connection to Device on LAN Side
2022-05-02 11:49:26

@WCC_Dave 

Suggest you check the IP address of EAP and controller, maybe they are in the different subnet or EAP didn't obtain the IP from the DHCP Server.

You can try to check if the remote router is working fine.

Or try to reboot the controller to test, choose one EAP to forget and adopt again.

If it shows adopt failed, hope this can help you:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3192/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CPE710 Client Mode - No Connection to Device on LAN Side
2022-09-19 14:10:30 - last edited 2022-09-19 14:43:52

@Virgo 

Hai 

We are same facing problem 

We are using camera purpose cpe710

Ap side everything ok 

Ap side close power after on

Client side automatically disconnected 

After we go to the client side close the power and on power working good

After same repeat problem