Can i use only one CPE510 to capture my signal from house modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-02 18:13:47
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in the country and trying to get wifi in my metal shop which is 150 ft away from my house. 

My internet service provider modem/router gives adequate wifi signal across my property but no wifi in the shop due to metal walls. 

I just received one cpe510 and mounted it on my shop pointing my house to get the signal and I have another router in my shop to send signal inside.  

What do I set the Cpe510 to receive my wifi signal from my house. I will purchase another cpe510 in the future to act as a AP. But for now I only have the one . 

Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can i use only one CPE510 to capture my signal from house modem.
2022-05-03 09:51:36

@Scottygeisser 

Network transmission is reciprocal and the CPE can indeed receive signals over long distances, but only if your router it can transmit and emit signals over such distances.
Generally speaking, with a network topology like yours, it is recommended to use two CPEs for point-to-point
Your home router will hardly be able to transmit the signal up to 150ft, but CPE will.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 1