With CPE point-to-point, do I need a router on the client end, or does the client device do that?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

With CPE point-to-point, do I need a router on the client end, or does the client device do that?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-14 15:44:49 - last edited 2022-05-16 02:15:28
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Clearly, I am new to this. We're in a rural area and now have Starlink with its router at the house, so I want to also get wifi at the workshop. CPE210 P2P looks like the way to go (no conduit, and there is "ledge" in between - "ledge" is surface bedrock here in Maine). So, I'll plug one CPE210 into the Starlink, and set up the other one at the workshop. But now that the signal is at the workshop, do I need to do something else to get wifi? Or does the CPE210 do that? Thanks. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:With CPE point-to-point, do I need a router on the client end, or does the client device do that?
2022-05-16 10:34:56

@Ecmars Yes you need another indoor Access Point/Router to share the network to WiFi.

Client CPE will only provide you an Ethernet connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 1

Related Articles