CPE210 - Wifi with RF link.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-20 06:54:50 - last edited 2022-05-23 01:06:24
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and trying to build the backup network for one of our field devices. We are using one IoT device which has an Ethernet LAN port and 1 Serial port, which is connected to the traffic counter and LAN is connected to Digital input. Still, due to the ISP and 4G uncertain network, we are facing issues with data transfer. The IoT device has the WiFi connectivity option, so we are trying to make an alternative RF-Link so the data transfer will be continuous.

We want to make an RF link between 2 Nos. of CPE210 - which is not a problem as we created a few and are working fine.

The problem is the CPE210 available on the field side needs to host any hotspot so the IoT can connect to it, aw we never used the CPE210 for WiFi or creating the hot spot, since we are having few CPE210 available with us so we are planning to go with it, as we don't have any budget to add any new device.

The below image can describe the idea, if there is any possibility then it will be a great help.

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE210 - Wifi with RF link.
2022-05-24 12:19:18

@PrashantSoni 

If your CPE as a point-to-point long-range transmission topology at the sender end does not have the ability to connect wired to the front-end device as AP mode, then you can consider repeater mode, but generally speaking it is not recommended to use this.
The reason for this is as I learned from the tplink support team earlier, refer to the original article:

CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 60 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1044/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-05-25 10:56:39

Thanks!

There is one more thing is that the Ip network of Control Room network is in 192.168.10.0/24 subnet. And feild Network is in 192.168.21.0/24 subnet, so is there is any configuration which can suitable to this, as the WiFi device i'm going to connect it with ethernet.

Since the IP subnet is diffrent.

Options
2022-05-26 04:45:30

@PrashantSoni 

If it's on a different subnet, that means that both ends have their own NAT devices, right?
If so, consider setting port forwarding or building a VPN.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-05-26 09:26:15

@Virgo

Well, we are only having CPE210, on both sides, since we are not having any NAT devices like firewall or router. The configuration is described below:

We are having a remote device which is connected to CPE210 with subnet 192.168.21.0/24 and the other side is connected to another CPE 210 with subnet 192.168.10.0/24, the RF link is established between this two CPE210.

I need to make the connection so that the device is connected to the 192.168.21.0 network and can access the 192.168.10.0 network where the server is placed. since we are not able to change the IP address or subnet we need to establish the connection. as we are having an IoT available at 192.168.21.0 side but it only has GSM connectivity and no WAN port. since the serial device is connected to this IoT we can't change the IP or subnet because from IoT we are having VPN connected to another control room.

New Scenario:                         (Serial device -> IoT(LAN) -> CPE210) -> RF link -> (CPE210(LAN) -> server)

192.168.21.0/24                                         192.168.10.0/24 

Existing Scenario:                         IoT -> GSM network - VPN -> Firewall -> server

current VPN connection which we don't want to disturb but we need to make a link like a new scenario. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 4

Related Articles