Unable to reset TL-SG3210 password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-18 01:36:27 - last edited 2022-06-18 01:42:56
Tags: #JetStream
Model: TL-SG3210  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-SG3210 that was managed by an OC200 Omada controller.

During this management, the OC200 defined an unknown random password for the switch, in order to adopt the device.

However, it was necessary to reset the OC200 and we lost the access to configure the switch.

On the OC200 it now appears that this switch is controlled by others, and we don't know its password.

In Windows 10, through the USB A to Micro USB cable with Tera Term we tried to reset its password using this tutorial, however, even pressing random keys on the keyboard the boot is not interrupted.

Before the message "Hit any key to stop autoboot: 1" appears, we are already pressing random keys, and it changes to "Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0" and continues booting.

Is there any other way to reset this switch? Wwe cannot afford to lose this equipment.

The image below shows the configuration used in Tera Term and what appears to us.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to reset TL-SG3210 password
2022-06-21 03:33:10

@ElTom You are using Micro USB cable right? Tplink article mentioned "Compared with the RJ45 Console cable and USB-to-RS232 cable, it might be more difficult to enter the BootUtil with a Micro-USB cable. If you still cannot enter the BootUtil after several attempts, you may get a USB-to-RS232 cable."

You may try a RJ45 Sonsole cable if possible, that's what I'm using and I had no issue login the BootUI.

Options
Re:Unable to reset TL-SG3210 password
2022-06-21 14:37:48

@Somnus

In fact,  I used a USB to RS232 cable connected to the RS232 to RJ45 cable and it worked, it accepted the commands easily.

Too bad there isn't a physical "reset" button on switch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 848

Replies: 2

Tags

JetStream