Error code 70102 - NVR portion of app crashes when notifications are set to on for NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Error code 70102 - NVR portion of app crashes when notifications are set to on for NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-21 11:32:15 - last edited 2022-06-21 13:53:35
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: VIGI NVR1008H(UN)_V1_210823

When I set notifications for the two connected VIGI cameras via the NVR device and then try and view any of the notifications when they arrive, the NVR Android app shows both cameras as "No Devices" and in the settings the "Storage" is greyed out with "Data issue" in orange. If I go into the individual camera screen on the NVR it says "Failed to load. Tap to refresh" but then comes back with "Error Code:-70102".

The cameras are both still up and I can connect to them and view live streams from them via the same app, but there is obvioulsy no playback feature.

If I set notifications on the individual cameras, that works fine and I get notifications but without the preview capability I would have if it was done via the NVR part of the app.

Seems to be an issue with the notifications/preview on the NVR side of things.

I have tried:

enabling/disabling picture/video encryption - no change

bigger 2 amp power supply for NVR - no change

different HDDs - no change

formatting HDD - no change

clearing app data cache - no change

rebooting - cures it until I attempt to view a notification and then it fails again

The only way to fix it seems to be to turn off notifications on the NVR. Bit poor really.

The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset of the NVR and start again. Not sure that would help if I'm using the same hardware/firmware but I suppose it could be a config thing?

Is this an NVR issue or an app issue?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Error code 70102 - NVR portion of app crashes when notifications are set to on for NVR
2022-06-23 07:16:52

Hi  @Lee_S 

May I have your APP version and NVR firmware version?

If you use NVR interface directly(connect a monitor to the NVR), are you able to view the playback on the NVR? This test will help us know if the problem is on NVR, or just on the APP.

Please also send me the model number of your camera, so I can do further test.

Options
Re:Error code 70102 - NVR portion of app crashes when notifications are set to on for NVR
2022-06-24 17:35:21

Hi  @Hank21

My APP version is "1.6.3"

NVR FW version is "1.0.5 Build 210823 Rel.61765n"

My camera model numbers are "VIGI C400HP-4 1.0" and "VIGI C400HP-2,8 1.0"

I will get back to you about replaying playback via monitor. Ideally I don't want a monitor/keyboard connected to the thing and whilst the app is great, it's a bit weird that there is no web gui that can be used like Unify have. Is there any plan to release a web interface for the NVR?

Options
2022-06-24 20:18:20 - last edited 2022-06-24 20:23:06

OK. I just got it to crash again and the App says "No hard drive and unable to save alerts photos and videos" and there are NO playback items or events showing on the NVR via the local monitor and keyboard interface OR the App. The App is once again showing "No devices" and the Storage setting is saying "No hard drive".

The playback functionality in the NVR (monitor/keyboard) is there but when a cam is selected there are no items ever found to playback when I know that there are some on the HDD.

Looking more like an NVR problem and not the App.

Could it be the system is having issues with the HDD? I always get the storage issue/no hard drive issue after a crash, but I know the HDD is good and after a reboot it works again until I select a playback via the app. Could the HDD be going to sleep/standby and not waking up properly? It is spinning away but after a crash I don't hear any clicking access/seek noises form the HDD. Just the motor spinning. It's a 2TB Seagate HDD. Nothing special. It's not a surveillance model, but just a desktop model.

Do you think a factory reset is worth a go or are you thinking more firmware bug maybe?

Options
2022-06-25 19:19:02

So now, 24 hours later after just leaving the NVR, the app is reporting it as "No NVR hard drive" and there is no response from the keyboard or monitor that is connected directly to the NVR but all of the lights on the front are on and the HDD is still whirring away. Total crash I would suggest.

Options
2022-06-29 05:32:47

Hi @Lee_S ,

Lee_S wrote

So now, 24 hours later after just leaving the NVR, the app is reporting it as "No NVR hard drive" and there is no response from the keyboard or monitor that is connected directly to the NVR but all of the lights on the front are on and the HDD is still whirring away. Total crash I would suggest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to report the issue to our community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. 

The ticket ID is TKID220630862, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options
2022-09-29 14:47:44

@Hank21 

Same problem with my VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.0 with Seagate SkyHawk 4TB.

Any fix on this problem?

Options
2022-09-30 10:21:48

HarryCalayan wrote

@Hank21 

Same problem with my VIGI NVR1008H(UN) 2.0 with Seagate SkyHawk 4TB.

Any fix on this problem?

Dear  @HarryCalayan 

Have you tried to replace the HDD? Normally this issue is related to the HDD

Options
2022-09-30 12:43:29

@Hank21 

Yes Sir, already tried to use Seagate Desktop 1TB and still not working. Both hard drives works fine with Windows 10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1118

Replies: 8