CPE510 AP & Client Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 AP & Client Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 AP & Client Issue
CPE510 AP & Client Issue
2022-06-25 13:29:15

I am unable to ping the 510 AP from Client.  Both have a static address that are on the existing wireless network...192.168.xx.52 and 53 respectively.  Both have same subnet as well.

I configured the client to do dhcp and my laptop connected to the client does get an address within that range  

But i cannot access the internet after turning off wifi to check lan connection on laptop.

I do get the wireless signal from the AP on my phone and I can acces the internet that way so I am assuming it is something with the client side.

Any suggestions as to what I can do next would be very much appreciated.

Jimblas

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE510 AP & Client Issue
2022-06-28 13:15:38

@Jimblas 

It is recommended to check that the Client CPE is connected to the AP CPE.
You can check the Radio status by going to the Client's Status screen.

Also check whether the device behind the Client can get an IP address and whether it can ping through to the Client CPE.

You can change the network cable and try, or you can reset and reconfigure.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Issue Resolved
2022-06-28 14:44:49

RESOLVED

After a couple attempts in the configuration page, I simply reset each CPE510 and this time gave it no distance number nor security after changing SSID.  THAT DID THE TRICK!!  Lan port on computer instantly became active and I was able to surf just fine (yes WiFi was off to make sure).

I will go back later and put a password for wireless network. Change one thing at a time.

Options