TP-Link CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link CPE210
TP-Link CPE210
2022-07-05 18:00:03 - last edited 2022-07-06 00:47:30
Tags: #cpe210
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I work for a sign company that occasionally does LED signs. We did a sign not to long ago for a YMCA here in town. The sign is about 500ft or so from the modem and the company that provided the LED sign recommended we use 2 CPE210's to get the wifi to extend far enough out to the sign. This is so they can use an online editor to change the images at will without needing us to do much.

The problem is that in the last 3 months They've had an issue with the sign not connecting to the wifi. When i check the extenders they're on and the wifi signals appear on my devices but i can't seem to get the chrome box inside the sign to connect even though its hardwired to one of the CPE210's. I don't know enough about the TP-link's to trouble shoot them and the company that helped me install it is practically MIA at all times. Does anyone here have any detailed trouble shooting steps that i can take to get these to work? They obviously do work, they worked for almost a year straight and then all of a sudden started having issues. The first time the problem just seemed to resolve by itself. this time however that is not the case.

I do not know the hardware version of the cpe210's nor do i know how to update them. I tried to get in touch with Tech Support through TP-link the other day and sat on hold for 2 hours just be to be hung up, probably was a mistake on their part but still was very unhelpful and frustrating for me since i have to try and solve this issue for the client when i don't really know what i'm doing in the first place.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-Link CPE210
2022-07-06 08:06:48

@ZacofAllTrades 

Two CPEs do network extension point-to-point and have dropout problems, you need to go section by section to troubleshoot the possible causes.
You can first test whether this end of the AP CPE is working properly, if not, that means the problem may appear in the front end, you can change the network cable and check the router in the front end.

If the AP CPE is working, go to the CLient interface and check the Radio Status to see if it is properly connected to the AP CPE.

If it is properly connected, it is recommended to try different channels and channel widths on the AP CPE to see which one is more stable.

Check the firmware version, if it is not the latest one, you can upgrade it.

If this is no help, you will have to reset and reconfigure.
Also, make sure that the view between the two CPEs is clear.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-07-18 08:01:03 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:06:50

EDIT

Options
2022-07-18 16:11:28

@btx this particular situation should not be the case as the ethernet cables are not exposed to the elements. Inside the sign rests a TP-link pointed at the building. The Ethernet cable is completely covered. On the outside of the building there is another mounted CPE210 and the ethernet cable is concealed by conduit.

Options
2022-07-19 08:56:07 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:06:34

EDIT

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 4

Tags

cpe210
Related Articles