Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 11:33:11 - last edited 2023-06-09 01:36:43
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hello,

Browsed thru the community before posting this and can't seem to find the answer i wanted.

Is it possible to share remote view via Vigi Security Manager or Vigi App without sharing the TP-Link ID used to bind the NVR to TP-Link Cloud?

Thanks for those who will be responding.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID-Solution
2023-06-09 01:36:33 - last edited 2023-06-09 01:36:43

Hi All,

It has supported sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID, you can upgrade the APP to the latest firmware and use the Device Sharing feature.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID
2022-07-18 08:09:33 - last edited 2023-06-09 01:36:40

@ringo27 I don't think so, there is no Viewer account option.

However you can add multiple tplink ID to the NVR so all tplink IDs should be able to login.

Edit: WRONG

I was using VIGI Security Manager so I can add more than one tplink ID. But for NVR itself it can only be bound to one tplink ID

Options
Re:Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID
2022-07-18 15:02:57

Hello @Somnus,

How can I add multiple tplink ID on the NVR?

I checked  Settings > System > User Management > Add but it seems it for local NVR accounts.

Thanks.

Options
2022-07-22 02:08:39

Somnus wrote

@ringo27 I don't think so, there is no Viewer account option.

However you can add multiple tplink ID to the NVR so all tplink IDs should be able to login.

Edit: WRONG

I was using VIGI Security Manager so I can add more than one tplink ID. But for NVR itself it can only be bound to one tplink ID

@Somnus 

Thanks for the follow-up response.  Looks like there's no other way but to share the tplink id.

Options
2023-01-16 13:57:17

@ringo27 they should put a share feature knowing that this is on "business" product line up

Options
2023-04-15 05:26:29
We're already in year 2023 and still no sharing or limited access for viewing... LOLx TPLINK
Options
Re:Sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi SM and Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID-Solution
2023-06-09 01:36:33 - last edited 2023-06-09 01:36:43

Hi All,

It has supported sharing remote view access to NVR via Vigi App without sharing binded tp-link ID, you can upgrade the APP to the latest firmware and use the Device Sharing feature.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-06-09 02:45:05

@Hank21 still greyed out from my end. everything is updated

VIGI NVR1016H(UN) 1.0

Options
2023-06-15 04:56:30

@Hank21 

Will this be available for VIGI NVR1016H(UN) 1.0.

Both NVR firmware and App version are up to date but receive the error "This device does not support sharing"

Options
2023-06-28 14:39:51

@CallumG it is working now on my vigi1016. it seems that they just roll it out to 1016 version.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1871

Replies: 9

Related Articles