Home Mesh to Barn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home Mesh to Barn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home Mesh to Barn
Home Mesh to Barn
2022-07-22 16:06:01 - last edited 2022-07-25 07:42:46
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All

My home is currently under a Ubiquity Mesh system.  I would like to expand my mesh to a building that is roughly 150' from my home at it's closest.  The building has power but no comm lines.  I was thinking of doing the AP / Client configuration of the CPE210 (using 2 of them) and connecting the home AP to my router or mesh base and attaching the building Client CPE to a mesh transmitter.  In my head that would essentially cover my building with the same mesh network that the house is under.  Can anyone speak to the viability of this theory and other options that might be better...also will I need more or different equipment for this config (ie switches etc)?

Thank you for your time

JPK577

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Home Mesh to Barn-Solution
2022-07-25 07:37:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 07:42:46

@JPK577,

Building a PtP link using two CPE devices is a typical usage, see as the picture shown below.

And you'll need to add a wireless router or access point in the building to do wireless coverage.

TP-Link CPE Point to Point Installation and Configuration Tutorial Video

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Home Mesh to Barn-Solution
2022-07-25 07:37:30 - last edited 2022-07-25 07:42:46

@JPK577,

Building a PtP link using two CPE devices is a typical usage, see as the picture shown below.

And you'll need to add a wireless router or access point in the building to do wireless coverage.

TP-Link CPE Point to Point Installation and Configuration Tutorial Video

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles