CPE210 AP and Client problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-27 03:47:27
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all.  I have 2 CPE210s that I use to extend my home internet to my grandpa's house for my mom to use when she comes to visit.  It worked fine for a year+, but last time she came to visit it wasn't working anymore and I'm trying to diagnose and figure out what's wrong.

So, my setup looks something like this:

Home modem -> Home router -> CPE210 AP ->  ~500ft distance -> CPE210 Client -> Mom's Wireless Access point for wifi at my grandpas.

When I first started looking at it, I noticed that the 'Internet' light on the WAP at my grandpas wasn't lit up.  I tried unplugging and replugging the ethernet cable that runs to the WAP, and rebooting the WAP and CPEClient.  No go.  So my initial thought is just that the WAP is dead.

I went and bought a new router (store didn't have a cheap WAP, rip), came home and plugged everything in, still no go.  The incoming internet light is lit up with an error color.  I log into that router's config page and notice that it's not getting assigned any IP address.  So now I start playing with the config menus of the two CPEs.  From both the CPE AP and Client, I can ping/tracert google.com.  Still nothing to the router though.

Next, I switch the PoE injectors on the two CPEs, ie the one that was at the AP gets put on the Client, and vise versa.  Both CPEs can still ping google, but still nothing to the router.  Tried switching out ethernet cables between the new router and the PoE injector, still nothing. 

At this point I'm at my wits end.  I just can't figure out what's wrong or how to narrow the problem down.  I mean, it almost seems like it HAS to be a problem with the data not being transfered through the ethernet cable on the CPE Client side, but the power is being transfered TO the CPE just fine.  I'm just not sure what to do at this point, any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 AP and Client problem
2022-07-27 08:06:35

@Keirathi Hi

If you connect a PC to the client CPE's PoE injector, will you receive Internet access? What IP address you get from the client CPE?

I guess it could be an IP conflict issue, for example the new router is 192.168.0.1 and the main Home router also 192.168.0.x/24, and it may cause the issue.

But it also could be a hardware issue on client CPE's injector.

Refer to Part Ⅱ in this instruction:

How can I set up the AP + Client topology successfully

Options