Suggestions for what hardware to purchase for my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-31 20:54:47

Hello folks-

I have been using TP-Link products for awhile and have a basic knowledge of setting up Omada products in the small buisness environment, for instance I have one place set up with 2 indoor and 1 outdoor access points directly connected to the cable modem/router.

For my next project I will be covering a 4000 sq ft building with 3 levels, and a large outdoor space. Part of the outdoor space will be a small area about 300 yards away. Maximum number of users around 50 and about 15 wireless units like cameras etc.  Probably 20 hardwired other devices including 6 computers that will be running behind a Mereki Firewall.   

The ISP will be fiber optic service, 1 Gb.

From what I understand, I'll need a routher, PPoE switch, secondary switches, access points and maybe the OC-200 controller.

For access points, I already have 2 EAP 660's and and EAP 225- Outdoor.

I'l need at least 2 more outdoor units and I was contemplating using the new EAP 610 outdoor, but I can't find it available anywhere.

For the area 300 yards away I have previously taken off one of the antennas on the EAP 225 and attached a directional antenna to it.  Would there be any advantage to using the Pharos CPE 710?  Does that directional unit provide seemless roaming with the Omada products?

I also plan to purchase 2 more indoor access points.

The biggest help to me would be to get suggestions on which router and switches to get.  

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Suggestions for what hardware to purchase for my network
2022-08-02 06:59:15

@Piamus 

Here is a perfect Solution website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/business-networking/solution/

And as I known, CPE can not achieve the seamless roaming with other devices.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Suggestions for what hardware to purchase for my network
2022-09-02 09:50:59

Building a Wide Area Network, or WAN, involves using a third-party service provider to provision a link to your location. Different WAN technologies are usable depending on your needs and location. For example, an MPLS network can be used to create a single network from multiple physical locations, similar to a VPN. To build a WAN, you need a contract with a service provider and your own networking equipment, such as routers and switches.
When selecting equipment to create your business network infrastructure, you must first consider the size and layout of your company as well as your data-access needs. At the very least, you need adequate cabling, a modem, and a router or switch to provide Internet connectivity to all employees. If your company network is larger, a patch panel simplifies network connectivity and management.

You’ll need a sufficient number of Ethernet cables to connect all devices in your network.

Your ISP usually provides a modem when you sign up for service, although you can usually purchase your own from a list of approved devices if you choos

A router or switch connects to your modem via an Ethernet cable and provides connectivity to multiple devices. Unlike switches, routers enable you to connect two networks together.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2