Stacking 2 TL-SX3008F

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Stacking 2 TL-SX3008F

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Stacking 2 TL-SX3008F
Stacking 2 TL-SX3008F
2022-08-01 16:53:25 - last edited 2022-08-01 20:26:01
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I have two TL-SX3008F switches connected together with a short SPF+ direct cable.  The two switches have active connections to other equipment.  Everything is working at 10g speed. I have both cli access and the web gui access to both switches.  I'd like to stack the switches so I can manage both of them from one connection.  Also in the near future i'm wanting to bind (might not be the right term) ports from one switch to ports on the other switch.  For the purpose of combining port speed and availability where i have servers with 2 fiber ports and each fiber port is plugged into a different switch.

I don't have a lot of experience with managed switches. So any information would be greatly appreciate and i may have to ask for more details depending on the information.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Stacking 2 TL-SX3008F
2022-08-02 13:05:52

@dirmwtlsf 

Well, it comes to affordable switches... most "cost-effective" vendors do not stack.  That's a big vendor feature.  (cough)

If you're looking at combining ports, let's say two 10G ports to make 20G ports... you can do that now.  You can "aggregate" the switch ports together.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-08-02 13:11:47

Thanks for the info.  One other quick question.  Is it possible with these switches to aggregate a port on one switch with a port on the second switch?  Or am I only allowed to aggregate ports on the same switch?

Options
2022-08-02 13:14:03

@dirmwtlsf 

You can... but they would need to be at the same nic speed on each side.  I would aggregate two 10G ports on the main switch.  Then set the same setting on the 2nd switch and plug up the cables.  there you go, 20G between 2 switches.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-08-02 13:20:07

@KimcheeGUN 

Thanks for your quick reply.  What I'm actually doing is running servers that have two SPF+ ports.  I run one port to each switch.  I'm mostly hopeing to get redundency if a switch goes out but as a bonus if I can get 20g to each server that would be great too.  I'll do some reading on aggregation and go from there.  Thanks for all your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 521

Replies: 4