CPE710 Wireless Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE710 Wireless Bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE710 Wireless Bridge
CPE710 Wireless Bridge
2022-08-11 04:09:24 - last edited 2022-08-12 05:36:42
Tags: #Omada

Hey guys,

I'm planning on upgrading my current wifi setup (Starlink Router) to a Omada managed system. It'll be managing two houses a klm from each other and possibly a series of outdoor APs across our property down the track as we have no mobile coverage.

The setup in my house will be Starlink ethernet port : ER605 router : TL-SG2210P Switch(OC200 connected to POE port in this switch) : various APs and wired devices.

The link to the other house will be Starlink ethernet port : ER605 router : CPE710(roof of my house) : CPE710(roof of second house) : TL-SG2210P Switch : various APs and wired devices. (I'm still in two minds whether to run the CPE710 on my roof through the switch or router?)

A couple questions. Can I still manage the network at both houses through the Omada controller?

Can I manage the two CPE710s through the Omada controller, or is this something that I'll have to setup individually and it won't be recognised in the Omada system?

Can I run the same VLANs between the two houses and also have the same wireless SSIDs all broadcasting as a mesh network between all the wireless APs at both houses? So it doesn't matter where you are it'll all connect as the same network?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE710 Wireless Bridge
2022-08-11 20:10:58

@98346 You will have to login to the CPE710s or manage them with Pharos Control APP. Your configuration looks good. I had a couple CPE210s linking my office to the main house and they worked great. Not sure is there really is any advantage to turning on TPLink's MaxStream mode since there is only one client.

Take Care and Have fun!

Options
Re:CPE710 Wireless Bridge
2022-08-11 20:48:39

@MPCJAX 

Thanks for the reply. This is my first time setting up a system like this so have learnt ALOT. Guess we'll see how much when it comes to.the setup!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 717

Replies: 2

Tags

Omada
Related Articles