AP and client continually go in and out of sync

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 20:10:57
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.1

I have two CPE510s 8km apart with good line of sight set up as AP and Client.  I have used spectrum analyzer to select best possible channel, set Max TX rate to lowest possible value, and am using the smallest bandwidth (5 MHz).  Transmit power is maxed at both ends and MAXtream is disabled.  Approximately every 15-20 minutes the client stops communicating for the same amount of time and then reestablishes comms on its own.  The environment is somewhat noisy but the noise is consistent.  I don't understand what could be causing a loss of comms at such regular intervals.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:AP and client continually go in and out of sync
2022-08-17 08:07:48

@fgbrown 

To ensure a stable connection to CPE, it is best to enable Maxtream.
However, when it is turned on, non-Phros settings on this side of the AP CPE will not be able to connect.

There is also the possibility of a DFS channel problem:

Brief introduction of DFS function

If operating on channel 52,56,60,64,100,104,108,112,132,136,140, 5GHZ devices should detect radar signals for about 1 minute, and it should take for about 10 minutes when operating on channel 116,120,124,128 according to ITU-T Radio Regulations. Wireless clients are not able to find the wireless signal broadcasting by the AP during this period.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:AP and client continually go in and out of sync
2022-08-22 22:37:26

@Virgo 

Thanks for the suggestions.  However, I'm operating on channel 40 so DFS should not come into play.  I enabled Maxtream and the result is the same.  I think I'm going to have to either raise client CPE510 to get better line of site or start over from antenna alignment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 2

Related Articles