What Access Point to deploy on a warehouse?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 06:39:26
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

What do you think would work better for the warehouse diagram below?

My options are

1. Use 3x CPE710 or -- Yellow Triangle

2. Use 6x EAP620 or EAP245 -- Green Circle

Or what would you recommend to cover all the area?

Important Notes:

• Blue - Metal Racks full of boxes of medical equipments
  • Total floor area is 70m x 42m
  • Ceiling is 6m high

Options
2 Reply
Re:What Access Point to deploy on a warehouse?
2022-08-18 07:17:51

@bontokiz 

To achieve WiFi coverage within a certain range, the EAP is a little more suitable.

The EAP indoor product has a WiFi coverage radius of 15 metres, so as long as you ensure that there are not too many obstacles on the front panel of the EAP, WiFi coverage should not be a problem.

CPE is mainly used for point-to-point long range extended WiFi, and probably EAP is more suitable in your current topology.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:What Access Point to deploy on a warehouse?
2022-09-05 04:58:28

Just about all of the major manufacturers have APs that would do just fine in a warehouse environment.  Some have ruggedize units that would be suited well for warehouses depending on the harshness of your warehouse environment.  For specific AP models, the answers to some of the above questions would help.

I would recommend looking at at least 3 options as they all have pros / cons and vary on price, etc.

I would second getting a site survey done or do one yourself if you have the means to.

AP placement, density, model, etc. would vary greatly depending on the characteristics of your specific environment.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 2