CPE210 suddenly has only access to a few websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-18 15:00:25 - last edited 2022-08-19 00:42:06
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

My cpe210 suddenly stopped giving me access to the internet. I can only access google related websites.

Since then I have factory reset it and I did the setup from the beginning. The weird part is that when I connect to the modem everything is working fine. But when I connect to cpe210 my access is limited. That is on my laptop. On my phone I can't connect to cpe's wifi at all. It keeps disconnecting. If the phone connects to the modem's wifi, again everything works.

I have restarted the modem but nothing happened.

The problem is that the modem is in my neighbour's house. I have no internet line in my place so that's why I'm using the cpe210. I don't know if resetting the modem will do the trick coz as I said, if I connect to the modem, everything works.

EDIT: I just connected my old rage extender (AC1200) which was already configured and everything works! There's gotta be something wrong with the CPE210 but I can't think of anything that I did. I was just playing GTA Online when I lost the connection but I never got it back.

I don't know if it helps but the CPE210 kept disconnecting for a few seconds since day one but then it was working fine again.

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE210 suddenly has only access to a few websites
2022-08-19 07:25:37

@ifi5 

How far away from the CPE is the modem you are using to connect to?
If the distance is too far, as the network communication is mutual, it is recommended that 2 CPEs do point-to-point for better performance assurance.

Although the CPE is capable of receiving signals over long distances, it does not mean that the modem is capable of sending signals over such distances in a stable manner, and any fluctuations in the environment can cause disconnection.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CPE210 suddenly has only access to a few websites
2022-08-19 15:44:50 - last edited 2022-08-19 15:48:20

@Virgo I would say somewhere around 10-20 meters. But my problem is not that it disconnects for a few seconds. It is an annoying problem but I can overlook it.

The problem is that is suddenly stopped giving me access to almost any website. I can for example go to google, youtube, facebook but not to ebay. The first three that I mentioned load in a second. If I try to enter ebay (or any other website), it loads for several seconds and then it says something like "the connection has timed out".

As I said, if I connect my laptop to the modem (via wifi) everything works perfectly fine! If I connect to the cpe (which is bridged to the modem) the websites don't load. And this happened out of the blue.

Also, I reconnected my old extender to the modem and everything works!

It's crazy! I reset and did the setup between the cpe and modem like 3 or 4 times trying to fix the problem but nothing happened. So now I'm sitting with my old extender and hopefully I won't have any trouble.

But this bugs me so much that I would love to find out why it's happening.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 2

Related Articles