What TP Link device would equal the NanoStation AC NS5AC Access Point AirOS 8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-20 03:23:39

I have used the NanoStation AC NS5AC Access Point AirOS 8 from Ubiquiti to send a signal from one building to another 600 feet away. It works great, but I really like the Omada system, and wonder if TP Link has anything that would match the NanoStation AC NS5AC Access Point AirOS 8.  I just need to send the internet from the one building to another 300 feet away. I need them to be PoE powered. I'll look and see if anything pops up, but would really like someone's advice.  Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:What TP Link device would equal the NanoStation AC NS5AC Access Point AirOS 8
2022-08-20 15:04:53 - last edited 2022-08-20 15:09:44

Would a Pharos CPE510 work at 300 feet with some trees in the line of sight? I will have an Omada switch at both locations that are hooked up to the AP. Or would I need the 710 with trees involved???

What kind of speed can I expect from the 510? I really need some decent speed between the two points if possible.

Thanks.

Options
Re:What TP Link device would equal the NanoStation AC NS5AC Access Point AirOS 8
2022-08-22 07:04:05

@ingeborgdot Hi

CPE510 maybe equals to the NS5AC however CPE510 does not support Omada Controller.

Currently Omada only has EAP610-Outdoor:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-sdn-access-point/eap610-outdoor/

EAP610-Outdoor is just an access point, not for point-to-point connection. I'm not sure if it can cover 600 feet but if so, you can buy two of them and build a mesh network via the 2nd one. Mesh means 2nd unit will be able to receive signal from 1st root AP and transfer to LAN Ethernet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 2

Related Articles