Small multi-site network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Small multi-site network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Small multi-site network
Small multi-site network
2022-08-25 05:26:52

I have three sites, each with a small network.  The three are then interconnected using IPSec VPN tunnels.  The primary site is my house.  The other two sites are a second house (hundreds of miles away) and another building 25 miles away.  As long as everything is working, I am fine, but if something breaks at either of the remote sites, I am in trouble.  Would replacing everything with Omada compatible devices solve my problem?  It appears there is a per device license fee for the cloud SDN but I cannot find the price anywhere---what is the per device cost and for what period of time?  Finally, is the software SDN (which I assume is a one time cost or a single license fee) accessible through the public internet (as long as it is on a publicly accessible port) so that it can control devices in the two remote sites even if the CPN link is broken?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Small multi-site network
2022-08-26 09:03:56

@PeteT 

As far as I know, the software controller is free to download and use. You just need a windows PC to install it. No license required.

TP-Link also sell cloud based controller that requires license.

However in my region tp-link does not sell cloud based controller, so I can't provide more information about it. I tried to contact their support people before, and they said they only sell it in US.

Options
Re:Small multi-site network
2022-08-29 16:00:03
Multisite is a feature that enables you to manage a network of websites from one place. This network can extend from one or two sites to millions. For example, Edublogs, an education blog , manages content for 3 million sites using Multisite.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 420

Replies: 2