Modbus/TCP over Ethernet using CPE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 08:54:39
Model: CP220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello everyone,

I want to implement a wireless communication between two PLCs (Modicon M221) via Modbus/TCP over Ethernet for 4.5 Km distance, could this be done using CPE220 ?

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Modbus/TCP over Ethernet using CPE220
2022-08-26 07:52:44

@mustafa_levant 

No sure if I understand you correctly, I'm not familiar with PLC machines.  So you want to build a wireless connection between two sites, 2.2km distance?

According to SPEC info, CPE220 can handle 13km, however the actual range and throughput depend on transmission power and environmental factors such as wireless interference, obstacles, weather, etc.

I will recommend CPE605 or CPE610 for better performance.

Options
Re:Modbus/TCP over Ethernet using CPE220
2022-08-28 05:20:52

@Somnus thanks for your kind replying, what concerns me the most is if I can establish a communication via MODBUS/TCP protocol using a CPE device in general

Somnus wrote

@mustafa_levant 

No sure if I understand you correctly, I'm not familiar with PLC machines.  So you want to build a wireless connection between two sites, 2.2km distance?

According to SPEC info, CPE220 can handle 13km, however the actual range and throughput depend on transmission power and environmental factors such as wireless interference, obstacles, weather, etc.

I will recommend CPE605 or CPE610 for better performance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 2