Using 3 GBS Fiber on Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 13:49:13
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

OK, so here is my situation.  I have a basic setup using the ER605, OC200, a new switch coming in this week SG2008P (currently using SG1008P), I have one EAP245 and one EAP670, I actually just upgraded one of my EAP245 to the EAP670 and will likely install my unused EAP245 to my garage.  The EAPs are wired using CAT8 cable (I know it's overkill but I wanted to be safe for the future).  So that being said I have Gigabyte Fibe Internet at home and just found out I have access to 3 GBS Fibe for like $20 more a month (no brainer).  I want to do it but will I be able to distribute that much bandwidth with my current hardware?  I don't think so as the VPN/Router only has Gigabyte ports and I do not see a 2.5GB VPN/router offered by TP.  The EAP670has a 2.5GB port but if I am bottlenecked at the Router, what's the point?  I know there are 2.5GB switches available and right now it almost seem as though using the Router (ER605) will be my main issue.  

I could get rid of it and simply do everything via a switch but loose the security of the ER605.  

Looking for thoughts on this and if anyone else has a similar setup and they could explain their hardware used.

Thank you,

A geek at heart trying to learn the ropes

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using 3 GBS Fiber on Network
2022-09-20 07:04:08

@Sean1977 

Currently no Omada Router supports 2.5 Gbps WAN port.

However if you are not in urgent, you may take a look at ER8411, it's not delivered yet(anyway I can't see anywhere I can purchase it), and this router supports 10G WAN port.

But some people said it could be very expensive.

Options
2022-10-03 12:13:31

Fiber optic Internet is the future of broadband. It uses fiber-optic technology to reach the fastest speeds available today, as fast as 1000 Mbps (1Gpbs). Broadband is essential to the modern world we live in. Powered by fiber optic technology, fiber Internet is blowing its competitors out of the water. In this guide, we will cover everything you need to know about fiber Internet, including how it works and the challenges associated with it.

Options
2022-10-12 18:33:44

@Sean1977 

It is awesome post sir, I really love your work and thanks for shearing .... need anyone help to kill insect or Pest control services so visit my profile 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 378

Replies: 3

Related Articles