routing out of range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

routing out of range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
routing out of range
routing out of range
2022-09-27 17:35:57 - last edited 2022-09-27 17:44:55
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.0

router == cpe710-ap ---- cpe710-client == managed switch

I have two CPE 710s one in AP mode connected back to the router and the other in Client connected to a managed switch, both set with static ip addresses in 192.168.1.0/24 range. My issue is that if I assign a VLAN profile to one of the switch ports that does not address in the range the cpe710s are configured with (ie 192.168.3.0/29) whatever I connect to that port it behaves like dhcp requests are not getting forwarded back to the router, both uplink and downlink ports are trunked. If I set a static ip address on the device it shows on the arp table for the cpe710 but again does not show with an ip address on the router or switch (though I can see that the device is connected).

1. Is this working as intended (ie by default only works with the same address range that the client/ap is set up with)

2. If so is there a way to add static routes while using the simple AP/Client set up or do I have to set them up as A router and AP client router

Options
3 Reply
Re:routing out of range
2022-09-28 06:45:53 - last edited 2022-09-28 06:47:40

@TravisP 

Although CPE can forward the message with VLAN tag, however itself cannot detect tagged data by default.

You need to set up Management VLAN under Network settings page, so it can recognize tagged data and go into correct VLAN network.

Options
2022-09-28 17:01:06
I have tried enabling the management interface unfortunately when I do so it says "failed to get data" on the pharos page and is no longer accessible at all even after triple checking my laptop was on a port specifically tagged for the management vlan. I disabled all firewall rules that I had set up to separate the vlan traffic. After I restart it though it can be accessed again form any vlan and is like the settings did not actually apply. Furthermore it also becomes unreachable if I attempt to change the address range then move it to a different network using the router AND if I simply set it to dhcp it appears to have an ip address but is completely unreachable even after several minutes. Again restarting the cpe causes it to revert the changes as if they were not applying. I had seen during the initial set up that there appeared to be two different prompts when making changes on the config page one that said save changes and the other standard apply.
Options
2022-09-28 19:49:29

At this point I have gone so far as to create a brand new vlan, changed the static address on the cpe so it falls within that range, then applied that vlan to the port the cpe is connected to and one that is directly connected to a pc. Both cpe and computer get an address fine and the config page is accessible from the pc. UNTIL the management vlan is enabled, at which point the config is no longer accessible nor does the cpe respond to ping.

To reitterate: both computer and cpe are on the same switch using the same damn vlan which was also set as the management vlan on the cpe config. And its no longer accessible.

At this point I'm not willing to spend a 4th day tring to get this working, the fact that the equipment is vlan aware only as long as the management vlan is configured and then not allowing the management vlan to be the default is rediculous. I am immesurably dissapointed to the point where I don't know if I'll use tp-link for any future setup even if its the cheaper option.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 3