CPE510 in client mode shows N/A for wireless signal quality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-27 18:51:06 - last edited 2022-09-27 20:14:40
Tags: #Pharos Control #Client Mode
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20201111 Rel. 58267 (5553)

I've had a CPE510 used in client mode to connect to a 5GHz network from a Ubiquiti AP for the last few months.  I recently made some changes to the network that required factory resetting the CPE510.  I forgot to backup my old configuration, so I went through the "Quick Setup" and everything seemed fine.

However, once completing the setup, the signal strength indicator LEDs all remain off, and the Wireless Signal Quality shows N/A for all values:

I do have WDS disabled, and I've set my remote AP to a channel width of 40MHz, although I don't remember having any issues before when it was set to 80MHz:

I currently have the CPE510 in the same room as the AP, so signal strength is very strong:

Does anyone have any idea why it's not even attempting to connect to my AP? I can see it repeatedly transmitting a few KB over WLAN, but receiving nothing:

If I disconnect it from LAN, it still shows nothing on the signal strength LEDs.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:CPE510 in client mode shows N/A for wireless signal quality-Solution
2022-09-27 20:14:37 - last edited 2022-09-27 20:14:40

@dselzle I found the issue.  My wifi network had been set to WPA2/WPA3 with PMF "optional".  Evidently the CPE510 can't handle that correctly.  Changing it to WPA2 with PMF disabled fixed the issue, and the CPE510 connected fine:

I could swear that I previously had it set to WPA2/WPA3 with PMF optional and it worked fine, but I could be wrong.  Would love to see a firmware update to add PMF support, but I'm not holding my breath.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 in client mode shows N/A for wireless signal quality-Solution
2022-09-27 20:14:37 - last edited 2022-09-27 20:14:40

@dselzle I found the issue.  My wifi network had been set to WPA2/WPA3 with PMF "optional".  Evidently the CPE510 can't handle that correctly.  Changing it to WPA2 with PMF disabled fixed the issue, and the CPE510 connected fine:

I could swear that I previously had it set to WPA2/WPA3 with PMF optional and it worked fine, but I could be wrong.  Would love to see a firmware update to add PMF support, but I'm not holding my breath.

Recommended Solution
Options