CPE210 N300 AP to Client - Loss of Connection - Does Not Resolve

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-30 23:52:00
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V3.20

I installed two CPE210s as an AP to Client setup for remote Lorex camera NVR access, using the Lorex iOS app. The CPEs are 60' apart, one is attached to a brick exterior wall and the other installed on the interior of a thin(1/16" inch) sheetmetal building aimed dead on. They worked perfectly for five days and then I lost connection to the NVR. I contacted persons at the AP building to confirm both the power and internet were on, and there had been no outages.

After getting back onsite, I observed the Client was powered on but had no radio signal on the LED meters and no LAN LED. I connected my laptop with a Cat6 to the Client side to confirm there was no internet connection over to the AP side. After checking the configuration settings of the Client side, I found the channels were no longer matching between the two units, however the other settings seemed unchanged. I factory reset the Client, reconfigured it, changed to a "cleaner" radio channel, took off AP lock, and then they reconnected with no more issues. I double checked the alignment and signal strength, and everything was ideal. The AP side was always broadcasting the SSID and I connected to the internet wirelessly by phone and laptop with no problems. The settings on the AP were as I originally configured them as well. I then conducted a 2 hour test by connecting my laptop to the Client CPE and streaming both Youtube and Spotify, only experiencing a few dips in internet speed but no perceived issues with the radio signals being lost between the CPEs. 

Five days later I lost connection again after trying to check the NVR system via the Lorex app. The camera image thumbnails are time stamped, so I can roughly see when they go offline. It never reconnected. I haven't been back onsite to troubleshoot again, since the location is 3.5 hours away. I was wondering if I should replace the Client CPE at this point or it’s the building interfering with the signal? I thought with such a simple setup up and short distance, very few drops would take place, and a connection would be more reliable. Given performance is stable while testing the equipment onsite, could a power outage or something else be causing of the lack of reconnections? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:CPE210 N300 AP to Client - Loss of Connection - Does Not Resolve
2022-10-19 08:39:20

@mcntwrk1984 

2.4G signal network environment is very crowded, interference is relatively large, it is recommended to conduct network environment test, choose the channel with less interference, channel width can be set to 40M.
It is best to adjust the position of the CPE to ensure a clear view between the two CPEs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:CPE210 N300 AP to Client - Loss of Connection - Does Not Resolve
2022-11-03 18:37:25

@mcntwrk1984 

UPDATE:

After about 2 weeks offline, the connection resolved and was stable for a week straight. It then went offline on 10-14-22 and stayed off.  I may try to swap out the client CE210 (since it was originally showing "no LAN" onsite) with a new unit, recheck the 2.4ghz environment(again), and retest for a few days. Also, I may reinstall the client unit on the outside of the metal building just incase it is causing problems, although I don't understand why it matters, showing a full signal in it's current location.  If that doesn't prove consistently stable, I will install a hard line between the buildings since this setup may be too sporadic to be reliable. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 2

Related Articles