Cant get the switch to wrok

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-02 16:03:43
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0

Hi!

I recently bought this switch to help me with my IPTV issues but no matter how i config it, it just Wont let any traffic thou.

I have My ISP "Fiber" connected directly to Port 5, my router/firewall to Port 3 and TvBox to Port 1, i changed it so i would get and ip address from my ISP to the switch and let my router behind it managed the DHPC part while the Port1 with VLAN 21 to get the signal provided by the Tv Company even used IGMP snooping for that but nothing goes thou... its like the switch never gets any connection with my ISP even tho it gets an 10.x.x.x adress from them.  any idea on what could be wrong or maybe some inputs on what mistake i may have made? 

Thanks for any advice!

Oscar

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cant get the switch to wrok
2022-10-03 21:14:43

@Oskar_B_98 

What is that ISP Fiber? Is it a combo with a router? If there is no router there, you need to connect your router/firewall to it first (assuming your router does NATting). An ISP gives you only one IP address and that's for the WAN side of a router. 

Kris K
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 1

Related Articles