Link flapping on TL-SG3428 v2.0 with client device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-06 09:21:52 - last edited 2022-11-10 20:05:59
Model: TL-SG3428  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.7

Hi there,

i've the problem on a omada-controller-managed tl-sg3428 v2 with latest firmware and a normal sff computer.

On this computer theres a windows 10 pro, latest patches and hyper-v role.

client has 2 dedicated nics (Realtek), one for external network/vlan, other is internal.

on that client im using a vm with sophos xg and several vlans.

the external nic on switchport 15 is always flapping. Even if i configure 1000/fdx (no auto) fixed i got these errors, but only with the external nic.

I dont have changed the switch-port so i cannot tell you, if the error go away after that. I've also disabled spanning tree or loopback protection.

But how can i see detailed logs on omada? Im just seeing that there is a connect/disconnect, but no errors on that port. :-/

Or am i misinterpreting these messages and the meaning is only for this named vlan and not the port/link itself?

If so, how can i configure it correctly to avoid this flapping behavior?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel aka Umpf

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Link flapping on TL-SG3428 v2.0 with client device-Solution
2022-10-19 06:50:50 - last edited 2022-11-10 20:05:59

@Umpf 

I've asked support about a similar problem before and learned that it may be due to the controller's topology recognition mechanism.

Normally, the controller defaults to one client belonging to one vlan.
So when the controller calculates the topology, every time according to the list of clients reported by the switch, when this client sends data to VLAN 1, it will consider it as a client of VLAN 1, and the next time client sends data to VLAN 10, it will consider this client as a client of VLAN 10, which causes the controller to think that the client has jumped from one vlan to another, and then triggers these Connected, Disconnected log prompts.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Link flapping on TL-SG3428 v2.0 with client device-Solution
2022-10-19 06:50:50 - last edited 2022-11-10 20:05:59

@Umpf 

I've asked support about a similar problem before and learned that it may be due to the controller's topology recognition mechanism.

Normally, the controller defaults to one client belonging to one vlan.
So when the controller calculates the topology, every time according to the list of clients reported by the switch, when this client sends data to VLAN 1, it will consider it as a client of VLAN 1, and the next time client sends data to VLAN 10, it will consider this client as a client of VLAN 10, which causes the controller to think that the client has jumped from one vlan to another, and then triggers these Connected, Disconnected log prompts.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Link flapping on TL-SG3428 v2.0 with client device
2022-11-10 20:05:47

@Virgo Sorry for the delay.

That makes sense. So i'm ignoring this messages/infos.

A PING and Data transfer/Internet Access is still available, even when hes saying that there was a disconnect.

Tanks for that mental "trigger" ;-)

Manuel aka Umpf

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2