CPE510 internet drops continuously

2022-10-13 13:46:55 - last edited 2022-10-14 00:52:47

I have 2 x CPE510 set up. One at the house in client mode and one at an outbuilding in bridge mode. The 2 communicate with each other. Did a ping check and the WiFi signal bars are at 3 bars. I am able to connect to the internet but when I'm streaming or doing anything, the connection on the computer drops continuously. Once I unplug and plug the bridge mode unit back in, the connection comes back. This last for a little while only and the above steps repeats itself throughout the day. 
Why? What is wrong? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE510 internet drops continuously
2022-10-14 07:52:14

@Jt7 

Due to the angle of the CPE510, it is not recommended to be used in repeater or bridge mode, and it can not guarantee the performance.

Check this:

CPE is equipped with directional antenna as it is designed for point-to-point long-distance network transmission, its wireless signal is mainly focused on its front panel and has a very limited 45 degree angle, we can say that there is almost no signal on its side and back panel. If you use it on repeater mode, the performance may not be so good, and it requires that both the front-end Internet source device and client device should be all within cpe wifi angle.
You can refer this link to see cpe wifi angle.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 1

Related Articles