not able to communicate with the tp-link unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-04 11:29:14
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,
Since less then a year I have the cpe210. All went well till recently. Suddenly I can't reach the unit anymore. By entering the ip address it tels me that the site can't be reached. Even when I connect my laptop directly to the power-unit  it does not let me connect to it.
How to solve this issue so I can configure it again in order to have internet?
Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:not able to communicate with the tp-link unit
2022-11-05 10:05:05 - last edited 2022-11-06 12:24:57

@jantra Its possible the IP address may have changed on the CPE if it was receiving one dynamically. In this case you should be able to connect to it using the fallback IP address. I don't know for sure but think the default fallback is 192.168.0.254 or 245.  Also if you connect directly, I think the laptop and the CPE would need to be on the same subnet, so you would need to know the IP address of the CPE and set the laptop to same subnet. For example if the CPE is using 192.168.0.254 then the laptop would need to be 192.168.0.x.   If you cannot figure it out then the quickest way would be to reset the CPE and start fresh.

Options