VIGI NVR loss of video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VIGI NVR loss of video

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VIGI NVR loss of video
VIGI NVR loss of video
2022-11-06 02:02:05
Model: VIGI NVR1008  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, does anyone have an idea as to why vigi nvr losses connection to the camera?

I have 8 tapo c320ws connected to deco e4 mesh and VIGI nvr is connected to the mesh via ethernet cable. 

The feed from tapo losses from time to time causing the nvr to output a message either limited resources or no network video. 

All c320ws are connected via wifi through the mesh. I have 100mbps speeed from ISP.

I have re-added all cameras to the nvr, only added 4 cameras at one time to check if it will improve the network video, rebooted all devices, and only added 1 camera just to see if it will give have a better response but to no avail.

Additionally, all camereas, mesh, and nvr are updated to the latest firmware.

Please help.

Options
6 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR loss of video
2022-11-06 03:52:12 - last edited 2022-11-06 03:54:56

@enasuico 

the problem is not with the VIGI NVR but with the wireless connection between the DECO mesh device and the wifi camera's. how far away are the camera's from the nearest DECO mesh device ? are there devices inbetween the wifi camera's and DECO mesh device that would cause wireless interference ? (example microwave ovens cause severe wifi interference on 2.4ghz wifi when operating)

Options
2022-11-06 05:43:56

@CHIBOMAN Thanks for the feedback. There are no appliances in between the mesh and the cameras. The farthest camera from the deco would be around 3 to 5 meters away. Even the nearest camera from where the NVR is connected also looses connection to the NVR from time to time, thus leading me to believe it is a problem with the NVR.

Options
2022-11-06 05:57:11

@enasuico 

for me, wifi is always the weakest link in a network. To isolate or make sure that its the wifi connection between the DECO mesh device & wifi camera's thats having a problem, just do a continuous ping of the ip address of your wifi cameras from a computer thats on a wired connection to the network. If there are timeouts then we can confirm its the wifi connection between the DECO and wifi camera's ... only thing then you can do is change wireless channels on your DECO and find a channel that the camera's and DECO device work well together.

You can also do a continuous ping of the ip address of the DECO mesh device to check if it has a stable wired connection to the network. You can do the same continuous ping to the NVR too, there should be no timeouts for the DECO device and NVR since they are wired unless there is a problem with the ethernet wiring .

Options
2022-11-06 06:14:12

@CHIBOMAN 

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but deco does not have an option to change channels. I will try however to ping cameras once i get a chance. Thanks for the input.

Options
2022-11-11 12:07:25

@CHIBOMAN 

I was able to do some ping testing. I can ping the gateway of the mesh both wifi and lan connection without any drops. I tried to ping the NVR and the Tapo cameras and all goes unreachable. Any further advice? Signal strength on the Tapo app shows -43db, as per https://www.tapo.com/ph/faq/140/ - less than -50db is excellent signal. I think there really is a problem with VIGI NVR.

Options
2022-11-11 14:53:59 - last edited 2022-11-11 23:26:42

@enasuico 

Please provide more details about your network setup since there are lots of details missing that would help resolve your problem. for example

the ">" means wired

the "---" means wireless

######################################################

modem > router > DECO mesh devices  --- wifi camera's

> VIGI NVR

OR

modem > DECO mesh devices --- wifi camera's

> VIGI NVR

#####################################################

where was the wired PC connected ? to another router or to one of the ports of the main DECO device ?

Is the IP address on your VIGI NVR and wifi camera's a DHCP ip address ? or did you set a static ip address on them ? or did you configure your router to give out a reserved IP address to the VIGI NVR and wifi camera's ?

reserved IP is recommended, static ip if reserved ip fails, just plain DHCP is not a good way of setting up an NVR and wifi camera's on a network because the router refreshes the ip address every 90-120minutes.

The IP address you pinged might not have been the most recent ip address that was on the NVR and wifi camera's if they were just set to get a DHCP address from the router.

Not being able to ping the ip address of the wifi camera's is not a problem with the VIGI NVR but with how you have setup your wifi camera's to connect to your wireless network.

you might also have a firewall software on the pc thats blocking you from pinging other ip address other than your router ip address.

the VIGI NVR is just a receiver for the video signal to save them, it has nothing to do with the wifi connection of the camera's to your wifi network.

the VIGI NVR should be wired to the primary node(main router) of your DECO mesh network. Check the DHCP table of your router for the IP address of VIGI NVR and try to ping the IP address of the VIGI NVR.

I do not work for TPLINK BTW, i just wanted to help the community.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1127

Replies: 6

Related Articles