Something Easier than CPEs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 17:43:11 - last edited 2022-11-08 00:55:58

I have a CPE510 and a CPE210 for outdoor wifi. When they are working, they work fine. They are, however, miserable to set up, as I have to connect each to a computer via ethernet, and jump through many, many hoops to get them going.

My wifi system is Deco X60s, which provide pretty good signal close to the house. My garage is about 150 yards/meters away, and I don't get much signal even with the CPE510. I don't have a climate-controlled space at the barn. I live in the woods, so line-of-sight is pretty much nonexistent.

What's a better, easier solution?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Something Easier than CPEs?
2022-11-08 12:25:12

@Brahms 

A distance of 150 metres is a bit far and for the time being, 2 CPE configuration point to point is the most suitable.

The CPE is complicated to access the interface, you can change the IP address of the CPE to the same network segment as your router's LAN IP when you first enter the interface, so that you can access the CPE management interface as long as you ensure that the PC and CPE are on the same network segment.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:Something Easier than CPEs?
2022-11-08 12:39:36 - last edited 2022-11-10 13:03:15

@Brahms as @Virgo pointed out, during your initial setup, which is not that big of a deal since you do it once, set the CPEs to an ip address that makes them accessible from your network. 

I am trying to picture your setup. You mentioned you have a CPE510 and a CPE210. I am not quite sure how you are implementing these in your network so a schematic of your layout would really increase your chances of getting the help you need. 

Both of the CPE you mentioned are generally for Point to Point (PTP) or Point to Multi Point (PTMP) and are designed to work in pairs, for example one CPE510 aimed at another CPE510.  Since the CPE510 and CPE210 cannot connect to each other, since the 510 is 5Ghz and the 210 is 2.4Ghz, it sounds like you are trying to use them as Access Points, which is not an optimal solution.

In image below the upper part is generally how the CPE are configured. The bottom part of the image is a configuration I have used with phenominal resutls. You could do away with the wireless router if you did not need inside wifi at the remote location, and just wire the AP directly to the CPE.

I am not claiming this is your solution. You need to explain your scenario better and what you intend to acheive. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 2

Related Articles