Outdoor P2P network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor P2P network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outdoor P2P network
Outdoor P2P network
2022-11-09 07:01:03
Model: CPE510   EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I need to send WiFi from a house to a shed about 175 meters away and then connect wireless devices around the shed.

The distance has about 11 degree downhill to the shed.

I was thinking of using two CPE510 as a bridge and then have the EAP225 outdoor as AP outside the shed.

Should I angle the devices to face each other or will they work if both are mounted vertical?

What settings should I use for the best connection?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Outdoor P2P network
2022-11-10 07:57:43

@condor106

I think your idea is good. 2 CPE plus EAP-outdoor can achieve your needs.

The topology should be Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE---- EAP-outdoor ))))((((( Clients

Take a look:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/common-applications-for-pharos-products/?configurationId=22033 (Point to Point)

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-10 13:04:36 - last edited 2022-11-10 13:30:41

@condor106  I don't see the need for two CPE. I have been running the setup below for two years with excellent results. If you have not need for outdoor wifi at the home location then by all means use a second CPE.

Keep in mind that the CPE510 is limited to 100Mbps by the POE injector port. It may not be that critical to you. I went with CPE710 for that reason because it is 1000Mbps. I have one CPE710 in client mode connected to the EAP610. It yields 100% of the ISP rated speed even on the wireless end at the remote location. The only exception, which would probably be true for the CPE510 as well, is you may have to take the EAP off AUTO for the 5ghz channel and manually set it to one supported by the CPE.

With the CPE710 I aim it directly at the EAP610-Outdoor. If you log into the CPE710 from your phone it has a signal meter that I used to aim but generally you can do it by eye. The router in remote building provides wireless inside and the EAP225 provides it outside the building. 

If you do not need wireless inside the shed, you can do away with the router inside and just connect the data lines on the POE injectors between the EAP and CPE.

Options
2022-11-10 14:21:09

RickJamesBish My plan is basically the same as yours, except i don't think we have the 710 in our market. 100mbps is anyway more than we are getting from the ISP.

I am going to do the topology as Virgo mentioned.

My main concern is about the fitment as pictured below, will I be okay to fit the CPE510 units like the blue in the below picture or should I angle them like the yellow?

AP being on the higher level than Client.

Options
2022-11-11 11:34:04 - last edited 2022-11-12 19:01:52

@condor106 I know the CPE710 adjust that way as it includes a bracket with angle indicators so its obvious they are intended to be aimed that way. The 510 do not have that feature but I can't say they would not benefit from being angled towards each other as far as the strength of the bridge. I guess it could potentially change the wifi coverage of the AP a little.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 4

Related Articles