How to mount switches and controller to wall

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 21:24:16

Hi all.

something i somehow struggle to find the correct answers to:  in what position do i setup the switches, controller and gateway to the wall

i have an oc200 controller, tl-sg2008p switch (3x), a tl-sg2218 switch and a7206 gateway.

now i want to install if possible all to a wall, instead of horizontally.

for the switches, i have read connectors down, leds up

for the controller and the gateway i have no idea. The gateway has not even holes in the bottom, so is it vital this is horizontally?

rgds

Patrick

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to mount switches and controller to wall
2022-11-29 14:18:56 - last edited 2022-11-29 14:24:39

@Pksparks 

If there are no moving parts there, they may be mounted to the wall. Best, ports down and vents up. If you mount them ports up or to the side, the cables need to be properly supported. As usual, make sure there is enough ventilation and not too hot. It’s match hotter close to the ceiling. Just do not use velcro pads or straps. Even the strongest ones are going to fail sooner or later. I know this from my own experience.

Kris K
Options
Re:How to mount switches and controller to wall
2022-11-29 21:33:37

@KJK 

thanks for the reply. I will mount with ports down. I found this for some switches.

but nowhere for a rackmount switch, to be wall mounted with top against the wall.

but for the space i have, i have to do this.

thanks again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 291

Replies: 2