Cannot access web GUI after changing IP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-30 04:51:50
Model: TL-SG105PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am trying to setup an offline network that connects a computer to some cameras.  The computer usually connects to a TP-Link router for the internet, I turn off the connection and unplug the cable to set up this switch.

Since eventually I'll need to connect to the internet again I need to change the IP of the switch to avoid conflicts.  With the router disconnected and only the switch connected (hard wired) I open the GUI log in and change the password, I follow the instructions and change the switch IP to 192.168.5.1 and the page reloads.  I then change the computer IP to 192.168.5.2 and try to log in to the GUI, the page does not load.  I've tried restarting the computer, disconnecting power from the switch, I tried the default IP; I cannot get the page to load.

If I type 192.168.5.1/24 I can get the login page, if I put in the incorrect password it tells me 'The user name or the password is wrong.'.  I put in the correct password and it goes back to the page that will not load.  I can ping the switch on the new IP of the switch without packet loss.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access web GUI after changing IP
2022-12-01 11:12:50

@JackT 

Since you can ping the IP of the switch but can't access it, it's most likely a browser or firewall problem.

Try changing the browser, clearing the browser cache, or better yet, using private window, and you will usually be able to solve the problem.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles