distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

distance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
distance
distance
2022-12-14 18:30:08
Model: CPE710  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

can you please advise me if this device can work fully on a 6 km distance

Options
2 Reply
Re:distance
2023-01-05 06:05:21

@leobotes 

Hey

CPE710 is the latest model with 23dBi antenna. If you have a line of sight, of course, it would be a good choice.

Options
Re:distance
2023-01-07 11:02:37 - last edited 2023-01-07 11:20:37

@leobotes since you said "fully" I will share my experience.

Out of 6 CPE710 I could not get a combination of any that resulted in them working "fully", meaning to specification.  I tested all at a distance of 120 feet, each as AP and each as Client. I tried every variation I could but never exceeded around 450Mpbs total, and that was a test run between the two using the speed test built into the Pharos interface. I am skeptical of TPlinks ability to deliver 800+ Mbps even under perfect conditions. If you compare to similar hardware from other manufacturers you will find the more reputable ones list a spec of up to 450Mbps, which falls right in line with my results.

I recommend testing at a more manageable distance first to see what results you get before going through all the work of installation and alignment at 6km. Good luck.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 2

Related Articles