IPTV VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPTV VLAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPTV VLAN
IPTV VLAN
2022-12-18 17:16:21
Model: TL-SG3452P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.20.0

I am trying to set-up a VLAN to isolate an IPTV network from the main network while using the same cabling.

I am using a Jetstream switch with an Omada controller. The entire IPTV network is currently on the same switch, with the IPTV router and the STBs connected to switch ports configured to use the IPTV VLAN as native network, while the remainder of the switch ports for the main network have the default settings.

The STBs boot up normally but do not stream any video. When I connect my laptop, I get a IP from the TV router so DHCP is working and it looks like it is on an isolated network as intended.

If the switch is used with a VLAN configured (and without anything from the general network connected), TV works correctly.

Does anyone have experience with IPTV on Omada? What am I doing wrong?

I know that Omada does have IPTV settings, but these seem to be for routing IPTV to the Omada gateway’s WAN. What I am trying  to do is use VLAN to create a virtual separate switch that gets DHCP and routing from the provider’s router. I want the switch to act as a separate, normal switch for the TV ports.

Options
2 Reply
Re:IPTV VLAN
2022-12-19 08:57:43

@Eric2022 First guess would be to toggle the IGMP settings. In your controller, go to wired networks -> LAN -> Networks, select your IPTV VLAN and check the IGMP settings.

Also check Services -> IPTV and choose the correct IGMP version. It should be v3 nowadays.

Options
Re:IPTV VLAN
2022-12-20 07:06:10

@Eric2022 

The STB works when it is connected to the IPTV router directly right?

I know some router has IPTV ports but also "Internet" ports, means you need to confirm you have connected the switch/STB to "IPTV" ports on the router

Options