TL-SG108E access ports on same vlan cannot ping each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 11:00:31 - last edited 2023-01-04 11:01:43
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220930 Rel.35985

I'm not sure if anyone has had this issue before but I have a trunk port coming from my router that carries a mgmt vlan (100) and a user vlan (200)

I have assigned both as tagged on port 1 of the TP-Link switch (with pvid of 100) (management vlan is just there for the switch to get it's ip

I have also assigned ports 2-4 as access ports for vlan 200 which connect the clients (these ports are untagged on vlan 200 with pvid set to 200)

All of the ports above are excluded from vlan1

Everything gets the proper ips assigned correctly and the correct gateways are reachable as well as the internet, however, the 3 clients on ports 2-4 (which also belong to the same vlan) cannot see each other. This is the simplest setup ever and I am baffled why this is happening. I have eliminated the firewall being an issue since if I switch to my Cisco switch, they see each other just fine. So that leaves this switch. I have played with the vlan config and have not managed to find a solution so any guidance is much appreciated. And before you ask, I have run out of ports on my cisco hence this addition.

Also don't worry about port 8 in those photos I was just testing stuff, nothing is connected to it at the moment

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E access ports on same vlan cannot ping each other
2023-01-06 08:39:13 - last edited 2023-01-06 08:40:33

@Bertolechi 

"... cannot see each othe " means these devices cannot ping to each other?

There are many things maybe related to this issue, like IGMP, FTP service port, SMB protocol...But if you can ping to each other, it should not be related to the VLAN settings.

Options
2023-01-06 15:51:22

@Somnus they cannot ping each other and as I mentioned I tested with a different switch and everything works so I'm %100 sure its this switch, just not sure what about it is causing this.

Options
2023-01-09 03:45:14

@Bertolechi 

Is there anything like LAG configured on this switch? The VLAN settings seem to be good. Also this is just an easy smart switch means it does not really support Access Control.

Another simple test:

Unplug the switch from your your router, then set up static IP on PC1 and PC2.

PC1 connects to the switch port 2; and PC2 connects to the switch port 3

Ping from PC1 to PC2.

I think you can also try to save the settings again just in case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 3

Related Articles