Captive portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Captive portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Captive portal
Captive portal
2023-01-12 08:25:10 - last edited 2023-01-14 13:05:21

I need to setup a captive portal at a hotel.

what are my options with Tp Link hardware.

there are just around 20 rooms spread over 3 floors, i suppose 6 APs will do fine.

But i am concerned about as to how go about captive portal.

Mikrotik and Zyxel have some good solutions but does Tp Link have something similar for SOHO use?

moreover what about the maintenance page , does it work like shown here? https://buy.guru/script-hotspot-mikrotik-maintenancepage/

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Captive portal-Solution
2023-01-13 07:11:15 - last edited 2023-01-14 13:05:21

@buy.guru 

Tplink Omada supports Voucher, Local User, SMB, RADIUS and Form Portal.

You may refer to the guide link

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Captive portal-Solution
2023-01-13 07:11:15 - last edited 2023-01-14 13:05:21

@buy.guru 

Tplink Omada supports Voucher, Local User, SMB, RADIUS and Form Portal.

You may refer to the guide link

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Captive portal
2023-01-14 06:04:36

does these options have the ability to show a simple "maintenance page"? in case when the internet is not working?

Options
2023-01-25 07:25:59

@buy.guru 

What kind of " maintenance page" you want? Like a status page?

But under my testing, the tp-link portal will not work when internet is not working. The authentication page just cannot come out anymore. So if your requirement is not for Internet access, the EAP portal is not recommended.

Options
2023-04-03 08:07:42

@buy.guru 

Yes, TP-Link does have a captive portal solution for SOHO use. The TP-Link Omada Cloud Controller is a cloud based network management system designed specifically for TP-Link networking products. It comes with an easy-to-use web-based GUI and allows you to easily configure and manage multiple networks, as well as configure a captive portal to authenticate users. The maintenance page feature works like the one you linked - it allows you to display a different page while the network is undergoing maintenance. In addition, it can be set to run automatically or manually, depending on your needs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 465

Replies: 4

Related Articles