SOHO Switch with RSPAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SOHO Switch with RSPAN?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
SOHO Switch with RSPAN?
SOHO Switch with RSPAN?
2023-01-19 06:19:42 - last edited 2023-01-21 07:05:34

I am looking for home/small buisiness (i.e. lower-cost and smaller form-factor) switches that have RSPAN capability.

I am looking to redesign my home network somewhat like this:

AT&T-Fiber
     |
 AT&T Modem
     |
    WAN
PFSense GW/FW
LAN       OPT {mirror port}
 p1        p2
 |         |
 SOHO SWITCH \
 | | | | | |  |
 PATCH PANEL  | trunked, w/RSPAN vlan
     |        |
--------------|
   OFFICE     |
 SOHO SWITCH /
 |> monitor station

(hopefully that comes thru alright)

So, I'm looking for a rspan-capable switch that can take that mirror port from the switch in the garage, mirroring the gw traffic, and output it into my office. I'm just not getting how to google the capability or, don't know where to look to find them? I'm not sure but my googling hasn't generated any good results other than enterprise level cisco things.

Edit: Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it has to be..?

In PFSense I can make the port a mirror, I don't have to mirror it on the switch... If I output from pfsense to a vlan, have the managed switches trunked and the pfsense vlan output to the switch on a that vlan, on the other side it would be un-trunked, and all the traffic should be there...?

Options
1 Reply
Re:SOHO Switch with RSPAN?
2023-01-19 09:00:39 - last edited 2023-01-21 07:05:34

@Reyestatrin 

The EasySmart series switches support port-mirroring and are VLAN capable.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 1

Related Articles