Ping Watch Dog in CPE210 Outdoor WiFi Range Extender Doesn't Function Correctly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 00:18:30 - last edited 2023-01-28 01:03:11
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0

This is a TP-Link model CPE210 Pharos Series Outdoor WiFi Range Extender.  I'm new to this forum so I might be mistaken, but it seems that this community forum form won't accept my model number under Range Extenders, so I put it under General Product.

Does anyone have a solution for a CPE210 Pharos Series outdoor WiFi router extender's Ping Watch Dog that reboots every time even though it already has internet access?

The Ping Watch Dog is enabled to send a packet to IP address 8.8.8.8 every 300 seconds (I've also tried using IP address for Facebook.com, 157.240.254.35) and the Fail Count To Reboot has been set to 3, 6, and 12 at different times.  It reboots after the set Fail Count To Reboot amount every time even though I have access to the internet between reboots.  Apparently, it's not detecting a response to its ping, but when I perform a ping in Command Prompt through the CPE210 to the same IP address, it seems to work just fine.

I'm using a modem, Technicolor, model DPC3216, connected via ethernet to a WiFi router, Netgear, model R6300 v2 which my CPE210 is connected to via ethernet to one of the WiFi router's LAN ports.  I have the CPE210 set up as an Access Point.

The reason I'm trying to enable the Ping Watch Dog is that the CPE210 has been losing internet access as much as once a day requiring me to remove power from it and reboot each time.  Plugging it into an automatic once-a-day power switcher hasn't helped in the past.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 421

Replies: 0