HELP with burnt switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HELP with burnt switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HELP with burnt switch?
HELP with burnt switch?
2023-01-28 20:50:39
Model: SG2008P   SG2210P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

hello, im new to the forum and i cant seem to find an answer to my problem. 

my problem is this, the switch tries to initialize system(picture below) and then after a few seconds it auto shuts down.

at first, i thought my tl-sg2008p v1 was faulty so i just bought the tl-sg2210p v5 which worked fine(testing), i decided to move the switch and put it where i really need it(where the "faulty: 2008p  was, after i connected it with all my utp cables, now both switches have the same problem. i would like to know if its my socket who caused this problem or maybe one of the utp cables is shorting?   

PS: i also have something else connected in the socket and its working fine.

thank you all!redirect me and sorry for the trouble.

Options
7 Reply
Re:HELP with burnt switch?
2023-01-30 11:56:05

@Kennyx 

What will happen if you do not connect anything to the switch, just power it on?

Options
2023-01-31 14:21:21
Is there a network loop ? does it work with no devices plugged? unplug everything and plug back slowly one by one. Find the culprit, fix the root cause of the loop.. enable loop detection.
Options
2023-02-01 03:34:57

@Somnui only power connected and still does the same thing. 

Options
2023-02-01 06:45:09

@crrodriguez 

Ok... Then it must be a hardware issue, you need a replacement

Options
2023-02-01 12:13:24

@Kennyx Your switch is either hardware defective or software bricked.. try tftp recovery and if that fails you need to rma it. 

Options
2023-02-02 03:24:25

@crrodriguez what might have caused the hardware def, because it worked fine until I plugged it in another socket with the Ethernet ports. If it's one of the cables, how do I tell which one caused it without burning another one.

Options
2023-02-02 10:23:49

@Kennyx It is unlikely that the Ethernet ports are the source of power..UNLESS there is an old/buggy passive POE device attached somewhere surprise

If I were you I'll start checking the electrical installation for faults and obviously  the device power supply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 7