Need help choosing CPE for large parking lot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 07:07:08 - last edited 2023-01-31 07:09:37

I need to install 2 cameras on each light pole and they will conned to the light pole near the NVR.  

Please help me choose the right CPEs and number of them.  I have used Ubiquiti but Im new to TPLink.  I have only setup one omada system so far.  

On one side, there is a light pole 250ft from the main and there is another light pole 250ft farther away on same line of sight. 

Can I use just one Source antenna to cover both destinations or do I need two antenas to cover 250ft and 500ft on the same line of sight?  

Light poles B, D, E, & G  will have 2 cameras

ad155b72ec0244c68aadae1c07feb4e5

Options
3 Reply
Re:Need help choosing CPE for large parking lot
2023-02-01 05:43:11

@vivetech 

CPE510 could be the solution. Beam Width: 45° (H-Plane) / 30° (E-Plane)

So it can cover at least two light poles. If it is not good enough, you can just add another one.

But note on all cam's site you still need to install client CPE to receive the wireless signal. The cams netowrk card are not good enough to talk with main pole AP directly.

CPE710 has a better speed performance but it can olny cover 9°

Options
2023-02-01 22:38:50
Thanks for the advice. How is the quality of these devices? One bad review on amazon has me wondering how long they will last considering they will be on light poles.
Options
2023-02-02 17:34:31

@vivetech 

Also, what are my options for poe switch?  

I want to install an outdoor power and hope it can power 2 cameras and the AP

I am looking at this one: 

Octide Outdoor Weatherproof PoE Switch, with 4×Gigabit Poe Ports+1×Gigabit Uplink Port+1SFP Slot, All-in-One Box, IEEE802.3af/at, AI Watchdog, Plug&Play, Fan-Less Unmanaged.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BBZ8DTC9/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 3

Related Articles