CPE210 AP to two Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210 AP to two Clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE210 AP to two Clients
CPE210 AP to two Clients
2023-01-31 18:16:57
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi! I am having a hard time connecting with technical support and looking to see if it's possible to connect two CPE210 to one CPE210 AP. I am currently using Client Mode for the two CPE210s, but not sure if I should have them in a different mode. I have tried looking for information online but can't seem to find anything specific to this (it could also just be that I am not super knowledgeable enough to know what I am reading).

I have successfully connected on AP to Client and it has been working fine, but we are hoping to extend our range. If they truly need to be a 1 to 1 connection, that's fine, I just wanted to explore this option first before purchasing another one. 

I appreicate the help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:CPE210 AP to two Clients
2023-02-01 06:47:57

@fancyfaxon 

Yes, you can have multi CPEs work as client mode, to connect the same one AP CPE.

Just make sure all Client CPEs are in the wifi coverage of AP CPE

Options
2023-04-07 01:58:13

@Somnus 

I am also about to set up an outdoor wifi with multiple clients.   I note your reply talks about clients connecting to the same AP point.

My AP will not have line of sight to one of the clients, however the clients will have line of sight to each other.

Think of a triangle  where the AP is one the point Clients are the other points.   

In this configuration to have the clients are 1.2klm apart and pointing to each other.  

Considering I cannot point the left had client to the AP (to get max signal to the other client) , and the right had client has no line of sight to the AP because of buildings do i need a second client at the left had side to point to the AP? Note: the AP and left had client wil be about 500m apart.

I hope the below picture assists. 

Options
2023-04-17 01:48:21

@mode4 

Yep you can connect 2nd CPE as AP to the Client CPE. 

Like this example, two CPE can be combined as a "repeater"

Options
2023-04-18 10:22:17

@Somnus thank you for the reply. 

I think I need just a little bit more assistance. 

in my setup each client need to send data back and forth to the AP. 

are you saying that two units need to be set up as AP amd one as client? 

Options