PoE indication and utilisation not showing on ports 2 & 4 on Omada.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 10:31:05
Tags: #PoE
Model: SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.6

On my TL-SG2008P with all four PoE ports successfully supporting PoE devices, only ports 1 & 3 indicate that they are "PoE active" and show their utilisation.  This is on Omada 2.7.7 (OC200).

Ports 2 & 4 just show they are active but with no PoE.

The load on ports 1 & 3  show as 7.1W and 2.4W and the Remaining PoE Power is 69.52% / 43.10W which suggests that the switch is measuring the PoE power on the other ports but not displaying it.

Is this a bug, a feature, or am I doing something wrong?

Graham

Note: The Omada Forum device dropdown states that the TL-SG2008P is not Omada compatible while the website says it is.

Options
4 Reply
Re:PoE indication and utilisation not showing on ports 2 & 4 on Omada.
2023-02-02 06:11:19

@Graham33 

The PoE ports are actually working fine right? Maybe it is the web browser cache issue.

Try web browser incognito mode.

Or maybe forget and re-adopt the switch.

Options
2023-02-03 12:38:53

@Somnus 

Strangely, it started showing correctly...  Whether it was something timing out, or the fact that I had gone down to three PoE devices rather than four, I don't know.  

Anyway that problem is no longer there.

Graham

Options
2023-02-03 13:03:34

@Graham33 Glad it started working for you.

I had a similar issue as well that just went away. I had a POE camera on Port 6 that was indicating correctly but I had to unplug it temporarily to move some wiring. Plugged it back in and the LED on the switch flickered as if it was trying to negotiate but never would. The camera cycled on like it normally does but would not connect. I moved it to a different port and the camera connected normally. Back to original port and it would not work. Went back and forth between those two ports with the same results. I finally just left it on the original port and it connected about 15 minutes later.

Options
2023-02-03 14:03:19

@RickJamesBish Thank you.

I think my problem is slightly different.  The end device always negotiated and powered up, but it was the Omada management that did not show the ports as delivering PoE.

Mildly odd, but it appears to be working correctly now.

Options