VoiceVlan Configuration problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-02 11:49:56
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.4 Build 20221021 Rel.61625

Hello,

It seems that we cannot figure out how to configure properly voice vlan.

Our setup is:

Router (Draytek) ----> tp link pharos <----> tp link pharos -----> TL-SG2428P 

Our router is configured with vlan1000 (phone lan) and vlan1001 (guest network).

Interfaces that are set up on router are : LAN1 10.1.0.10 , LAN1000 10.3.1.1, LAN1001 10.4.1.1 .

Vlan1000 is configured as tagged and already working with different switches.

Access point connected to port 2 sending 3 vlans : SSID portal (10.4.1.1), SSID phone (10.3.1.1) and SSID main (10.1.0.10)

TL-SG2428P switch (standalone mode):

port1 -> internet (from pharos)

port2 -> AP (controlled by OMADA)

port10 -> Grandstream phone   (it has static ip 10.3.2.61)

Our access points already working fine in other buildings, however on this building we can see all the SSIDs but can only connect to main. When we try to connect on phone SSID which should be in vlan1000 there is no connection.

So our setup in the switch is:

vlanid 1 -----> 1-28 untagged

vlanid1000 ----> 1 tagged , 2 untagged, 10 untagged

with port config as: 2,10 port with pvid 1000

Voice vlan is enabled only for port 10. Should we enable for all ports? Even for the access points?

It seems like a confusing situation because at the first try we tried to create a test vlan with all ports as tagged. The phone worked until the next reboot where all ports suddenly returned to untagged and lost connection. 

So the mail question is how we supposed to pass through the vlan1000 for both AP on port 2 and for the phone on port 10 as tagged?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VoiceVlan Configuration problem
2023-02-03 10:13:39

@ThanosS 

Not sure if I understand you correctly. I think you are trying to send tagged data from Router (Draytek) to the TL-SG2428P right?

ThanosS wrote

Router (Draytek) ----> tp link pharos <----> tp link pharos -----> TL-SG2428P 

In that case you don't need multi SSIDs. Just one SSID since the 2nd pharos CPE can only link up to one wifi signal.

What you may need to concern:

1. 1st pharos must be connected to your Router trunk port;

2. 1st pharos SSID should not have VLAN ID setup. If you setup VLAN ID, the tagged data will not be able to go through;

3. To confirm the VLAN settings, it's better to have another test switch connect to the Router directly, and test if it can work with the same configuration as TL-SG2428P

Options
Re:VoiceVlan Configuration problem
2023-02-03 12:12:19

@Somnus 

Maybe I was not clear, apologies.

Router (Draytek) ----> there is already a switch here(not TP link) ->tp link pharos <----> tp link pharos -----> TL-SG2428P .

What I am trying to do is I want to pass my 3 SSIDs created through the TL-SG2428P. 

My setup is working fine if I connect an access point here Router (Draytek) ----> there is already a switch here(not TP link) -> Access point.

With my first setup (first diagram) I can see all the SSIDs listed but I can connect only to the untagged ones. 

I believe that pharos has nothing to do with tagged packets but only the TL-SG2428P switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 249

Replies: 2

Related Articles