Home Network Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Home Network Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Home Network Question
Home Network Question
2023-02-04 10:52:34 - last edited 2023-02-06 00:51:07

Hello and thank you for looking at my question.

I would like some advice and feedback on the following network idea:

I would like to separate traffic from personal, work, guest, and EV charger network 

I have attached my basic diagram listed with what i believe would work and what i would like to achieve below:

There maybe additional APs added but would use the same infrastructure already included. 

Main factor to consider is the LACP connection between house and external office. 

Additionally i would like the wireless AP to seamlessly connect when in/out of range (would the EAP 225 and EAP 620 mesh?)

Any advice / feedback is welcome thank you 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Home Network Question
2023-02-06 11:29:35

@Chris85 

I don't see any issue on your network. See the example guide:

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

But there are still something you may need to concern:

1. Adopt ER605 on the OC200 controller first, then adopt other switches/EAPs;

2. Configure LACP before doing VLAN settings;

3. By default, all VLANs can communicate with each other. So if you want to block data traffic between the VLANs, you will also need to do Access Control;

4. I have EAP225-Outdoor, and it can do mesh with EAP620

Options
Re:Home Network Question
2023-04-03 08:09:59

@Chris85 

Your network setup looks sound and well-planned. To answer your questions, the EAP 225 and EAP 620 will mesh well and provide seamless connection when in/out of range. As for the LACP connection between the house and external office, you may need to configure a layer 3 interface to ensure proper communication between the two locations.

As for the additional APs, it may be beneficial to adjust the radio channels on each AP to avoid signal interference. Additionally, it may be beneficial to configure your Access Points with Security protocols such as WPA2 or WPA3 to secure the data traveling across the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 2

Related Articles