Help needed to extend Internet network across 2 buildings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 15:26:31 - last edited 2023-02-21 08:11:06

Help Needed I am having problems linking two buildings with my broadband. I have a broadband service connected to 1st house with their own router connected by Ethernet cable to a POE and then to a TPlink TL-WA7510N 5GHz 150Mbps Outdoor Wireless aerial as an Access point on the roof. The 2nd house opposite also has a TPlink TL-WA7510N 5GHz 150Mbps Outdoor Wireless aerial in Client point mode which is connected to a POE and then by cable to a BTHUB3 router used as a wifi Access point. The broadband router and the 2 TL-WAN751 have the same SSID. The BTHub router has an IP address outside the range of the broadband router addresses and DHCP turned off.

The internet in the 2nd house keeps dropping during the day. It seems fine at night.

Internet at the first house is fine.

Are the above settings right?

It has been suggested it is load related and to change the channel used. If you agree which devices should I change the channel?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help needed to extend Internet network across 2 buildings
2023-02-21 08:16:26

@Davidspeed 

You can change the channel on AP CPE side, if it is the slow speed issue, suggest channel width change to the biggest one, if it is drops issue, change to 20M.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 194

Replies: 1

Related Articles