Setting up system for access to POE cctv cameras over 80m at a barn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-20 09:00:22
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I am looking to set up a new system using 2 x CPE510 units for use with POE CCTV cameras.

Can someone give me the best way of compleing this . Is it to set up the unit at the Router end as AP and the end with the CCTV as Client and use a switch at both ends.

I also want to be able to have acess to the house WIFI at the barn so could i set up that client to acess the WIFI as well or add another CPE 510 as a client and add a normal router in the barn to give me the wifi acess. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up system for access to POE cctv cameras over 80m at a barn
2023-02-21 13:07:18

Dear @Madfishsteve ,

Madfishsteve wrote

I am looking to set up a new system using 2 x CPE510 units for use with POE CCTV cameras.

Can someone give me the best way of compleing this . Is it to set up the unit at the Router end as AP and the end with the CCTV as Client and use a switch at both ends.

I also want to be able to have acess to the house WIFI at the barn so could i set up that client to acess the WIFI as well or add another CPE 510 as a client and add a normal router in the barn to give me the wifi acess. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

You may refer to the classical topology like this:

ISP----Router----AP CPE)))(((Client CPE----Another AP

One CPE should connect to the router in the main house to extend wireless signal to the other building, while the other CPE should be installed in the other building to receive the signal from the 1st CPE.

As the 2nd CPE will work under client mode which means to transfer wireless signal to wired signal, so it will not broadcast wireless signal. If you need wireless signal in the other building, you need to connect another AP or wireless router after the 2nd CPE to broadcast Wi-Fi.

For more details about this application, you can refer to the link below:
Point to Point

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 1

Related Articles